Fit4Youth is an initiative by Athletics Ireland which is being supported locally by Tir Chonaill Glenties Athletic Club. The Fit4Youth programme is aimed at youths aged 12-19 who would like to get fit in a fun, social, non-competitive environment!
What is the aim of the Fit4Youth Programme?
Instilling and helping to foster an awareness of fitness and enjoyment of running.
The aim of building up to 5K in a ‘Learning to Run’ programme.
Paced and carefully monitored, while increasing in incremental distances throughout the programme.
Helping to nurture a positive attitude to health and fitness that will become a life skill.
Who can take Part?
The Fit4Youth programme is aimed at youths aged 12-19 and all within that age group can participate in the programme regardless of current fitness level. We LOVE to see new faces!!! This programme is set up for complete beginners.
When and where?
Fit4Youth meet every Tuesday 7.15pm and Thursday at 6.30pm at the Comp Track, Glenties.
How long does it last?
Sessions will initially last about 45 mins.
Don’t worry! This includes warmup routines and stretching at the end and lots of chatting.
The Programme runs from September to December and January to June with the goal to run a 3k or 5k at the end of each term.
How much does it cost?
Annual membership of €35 to the Juvenile club covers the cost. For the membership fee you get:
1. Insurance cover when taking part in any Athletics Ireland event or organised club activity.
2. Organised weekly training sessions with plenty of advice, encouragement and training tips.
3. Access to participate in the other training programs and athletic events.
4. Exercise in a safe, friendly and fun environment
5. You become a member of this athletic club and can take part in club events.
6. Experienced coaches who have received Garda clearance and have completed Athletics Ireland child protection and welfare courses.